Sunday, 26 October 2014

REVIEW: CHANEL PERFECTION LUMIERE VELVET

As a loyal devotee to Chanel Vitalumiére, I was somewhat reluctant to slap anything other on my mug, but after a four-year-long love affair, my shiny forehead started to come between us and our relationship has since come to a sad and sorry end. It's important to point out that Vitalumiére is still a beautiful foundation, it just no longer works for me. It gives a natural and dewy finish and is an absolute dream to apply due to the fact its formula feels like that of a moisturiser. For these reasons, it's perfect for dry, dull or mature skin, but my skin type has since switched from dry to oily/combination and a 'dewy' finish on my face now translates to an over enthusiastic disco ball, but that's enough about my ex f...

In a bid to move on, I headed to Chanel's counter to peruse the brand's alternative bases, I wanted medium coverage, longevity and a natural matte finish and this little black bottle ticks all the boxes. Perfection Lumiére Velvet has a light, liquid formula and as its name suggests, provides a velvet matte makeup result. 

It's smooth and easy to apply, and makes for a natural, second skin finish, it feels lovely and soft too (I often stroke my cheeks afterwards). I also find it lasts very well with little sign of shine, although I do like to  follow up with a touch of Les Beiges. Its simple chic black packaging is also super compact and easy to travel with. 

All in all, I adore Lumiére Velvet, if your skin is on the dryer side then I'd advise you to avoid it, but if like me, you're an oily, combo or normal gal, you'll be all over this.

Have you tried this foundation? What did you think? 

x

2 comments:

  1. i've never tried any chanel makeup but i really want to!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely start with the bases, they're dreamy! Their lipsticks are lovely too x

    ReplyDelete