Sunday, 21 September 2014

FRENCH PHARMACY HAUL


Back in June I travelled to Paris to turn twenty one, in addition to seeing the beautiful sights, visiting Coco Chanel's apartment and treating myself to a box of macaroons at Ladurèe, I couldn't wait to indulge in a celebratory splurge inside the city's coveted cosmetic mecca; City Pharma. The brand busting pharmacy is sacred, packed with excitable ladies and tiny aisles stacked high with heavenly products at bargainlicious prices. With this in mind, I'd recommend an informed shopping list and a pair of sharp (yet polite) elbows. Here's what I picked up:

The Bioderma Créaline H2O cleanser needs no introduction, but it's certainly something to stock up on when in France as it costs around half the price of what you'd pay for it here in the UK. This gentle water cleanser takes off my face like no other, with speed, ease and zero irritation. It also works a treat as a spot cleaner for makeup brushes. 

The Caudalie Beauty Elixir had been on my wish list for some time, plus FYI it's VB's fave! The botanical-based facial mist refreshes and smoothes the skin, leaving your face feeling perky and hydrated. I'm not even sure how or what it does, but it's good, very good. A total lifesaver for those long, post-party days too. 

I picked up the Embroyoilisse Lait-Crème Concentaté cream on a whim as I'd ran out of my daily moisturiser. This stuff is amazing and my favourite find of all the french goods. It acts as a versatile cream that can be used as a cleanser, mask, primer or as a moisturiser. I tend to use it as the latter and due to its light and soothing texture, it leaves my skin feeling plumped, soft and ready for makeup. 

Another winner I picked up from the Embroyoilisse brand was the Hydra-Masque (which sadly isn't available in the UK) It's a 5 to 15 minute leave on and wash off intensive mask that brings super soft results similar to those of the Origins Drink Up mask, expect it's half the price! It's a hero for nourishing dry and tired skin - the perfect sunday treat.

After watching and revising Isabelle Bellis' guide to cleaning ones face on ITG here, I couldn't wait to pick up the Le Roche-Posay Serozinc. This easy spray-on toner can be used to soothe and purify the skin before and after cleansing and feels SUPER at the gym. I'm a fan. 

I also picked up the Le Roche Posay Effaclar Duo & Cicaplast. The Effaclar Duo is the ultimate spot-stopper, read my full review here. I'm still yet to try the cicaplast, as I'm  unsure of exactly how to use it? Advice in the comments would be much appreciated.  

Nuxe Rêve de Miel's magical lip balm works to nourish, moisturise and transform lips overnight, I've been using mine for well over a year now and as a result, I no longer need to apply balm during the day. The formula in the pots is rather thick and so it's best applied at night, but for matte-lipstick situations and on-the-go scenarios, Nuxe also have a lighter, stick-form offering that's just the ticket for travelling. 

E x

5 comments:

  1. must try out some of these products, the serozinc has been on my wish list for ages now!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like the most over rated product ever, but I promise you it's amazing! x

      Delete
  2. Ugh, seeing Bioderma really makes me want to have it again as soon as possible! There is no better face cleanser for me!
    http://livialinette.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete