Wednesday, 9 April 2014

LUSH LOVES

Confession: I only discovered my love for the glory of Lush a few months ago. The strong scent had always turned me away for years, out of fear of catching a head ache. Strong smells aside, when I finally stepped inside on a cold December day and got chatting to the lovely ladies inside, I fully embraced the glittery, fragrant world around me. I filled my basket with sparkled, bright soapy treats for some much-needed bubble baths at home over Christmas (FYI: my student house's bath is grey, stained and less than suitable for such an event).

After a multitude of magical baths, I returned to peruse the super-natural skincare offerings everybody goggles about. I made two practical purchases, which I've since re-snapped up for Spring.

The Tea Tree Water is my toner of the moment, at £3.95 for 100g it's seriously purse-friendly and contains just six ingredients. I love the spray pump action as it makes toning an easy, speedy step, plus you can keep spritzing throughout the day if need be. The anti-bacterial properties in the tea tree help to keep blemishes at bay and it feels really clean and refreshing on the skin. As with all Lush products, this product is best used fresh - it lasts around 3 months after its make date. Because of this, I tend to opt for the smaller bottle as I don't think I could use the larger 250g before its best-before date, but that all comes down to preference.

I also re-purchased the Popcorn Lip Scrub to exfoliate my pout and fight the flakes. It's an edible, salted caramel scrub I use as a pre-balm buff. It smells so buttery and delicious and really does the job well. You simply dab a little on your finger and rub along your lips, you can even lick off the excess. It's £5.50 for a little pot but it's worth noting that a little does go a long way with this.

While I was in store, I also picked up a Trial-Sized Charity Pot for a £1. It's a rich, all-round body lotion that doubles up as a good deed - all proceeds go to the grassroots charities Lush work with.

9 comments:

  1. I really want to try the lip scrub!
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do, it works a treat and it tastes & smells delicious! x

      Delete
  2. really want to try the tea tree water, heard a lot of good things about it!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, super easy to use and feels so refreshing! x

      Delete
  3. So inspiring blog! I wrote about Lush in Ukraine.
    Visit my Lifestyle blog and wedding post -http://starlingdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that toner, it's so amazing. I've wanted to try one of their lip scrubs for so long but still haven't gotten around to it, definitely on the wish list though. My student house is the same, so being home for Easter I am taking FULL advantage of long bubble baths :)
    tomorrow's face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hear hear sister! I can't wait to have my own bath one day ha-ha! Definitely get yourself a lip scrub, I was super impressed with this one :) x

      Delete
  5. Avid LUSH fan over here!! love love love the toner water, it works wonders xx

    Hannas’ UK Beauty | Lifestyle blog @ hannatalks

    ReplyDelete