Friday, 7 February 2014

SEVENTEEN PHWAOARR PAINT


17 Phwoarr Paint, Heavy duty under eye concealer | £5.49 Boots 

A few weeks ago my skin hit a serious spot of bother. I tend to sport a lonely blemish on occasion, but for the most part my skin is fairly well behaved. The unexpected breakout was horrific, my face had erupted in a rash of painful red spots and then the unthinkable happened, I ran out of concealer. During the emergency Boots trip, this little pot took my fancy.... 

Seventeen's Phwoarr Paint is dubbed as a 'heavy duty under eye concealer' but I find it works its magic best as a blemish-busting cover up. The heavy duty title means business, it's full coverage and the creamy formula is a breeze to blend. If I'm having a particularly bad skin day, I'll apply this under foundation and on top, after doing so, imperfections become virtually invisible. I find using a brush feels a little too heavy with this, so I like to gently blend and pat it in using my fingers. I'm really into the minimalist, snap shut packaging and I like that it's travel friendly with a built-in mirror for speedy touch ups. Admittedly, I don't love it as much as an 'under eye' concealer, it becomes creased and cakey after a while - but this may be due to the fact my skin is slightly dryer in that area. Despite the lacking under-eye situation, for a drugstore spot cover up I think this is ah-mazing and I will definitely be snapping it up again soon. 

What's your favourite drugstore concealer? 

14 comments:

  1. i've facing a massive breakout at the moment as well but after reading this, i think i might try it! i'm a new follower on bloglovin now by the way:)

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give this a try, the coverage is amazing! Thanks for following :) x

      Delete
  2. I want to pick this up as I have lost my MAC pro concealer which is in a pot like this!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a drugstore price I'm really impressed with this one :) although I've never tried MAC pro, what's it like? x

      Delete
  3. Having the mirror is super handy, but I expect my concealer to perform miracles so it'd need to stand up under the eyes too x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, I've been looking for a new concealer and definitely will give this ago, sounds perfect!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading :) Definitely do, it's really good! x

      Delete
  5. I absolutely LOVE seventeen products, so I'm definitely going to give this a try!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first 17 product I've tried, very temped to snap up some more now :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds great, never heard of it tbh. Will give it a go if I can find it here in the Netherlands :)

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I've never used any Seventeen products but will definitely check this out. I've used Collection Lasting Perfection for too long now i'm getting bored!

    www.coloursofautumn.com

    ReplyDelete